- MISSION: We're on a mission to rid the world of plastic waste while offering our customers 100% sustainable, ethically sourced products, made from natural and effective ingredients. Better for you. Better for the planet.
- PROBLEM: Plastic. Over 40% of plastic comes from product packaging (We're changing that!) 80 Billion plastic bottles disposed of around the world each year are from shampoo & conditioner alone. 8 Million tonnes of plastic end up in the ocean every year. 9/10 fish have ingested microplastics according to studies. By 2050 there will be more plastic in the sea than fish. Only 9% of ALL plastic ever made has been recycled. Every person on earth consumes 40,000 microplastics each year.
- SOLUTION: Ethique is the world's first zero waste and most sustainable lifestyle beauty brand. We use biodegradable ingredients and compostable packaging so all our solid bars leave no trace (except the luscious skin and hair it leaves behind, of course!). Our products are super concentrated so by switching to beauty bars, you're saving plastic bottles going to landfill. Ethique is New Zealand's highest scoring BCorp as well as carbon fiber neutral and living ware employer.
- JOURNEY: To date we saved our planet from over 5 million plastic bottles! We've converted thousands of fans to plastic free beauty and are genuinely making a difference to the amount of plastic waste made and disposed of every year. Our new goal is to save 50 million by 2025 (and we're on track already!). To put our money where our mouth is, each year 20% of our profit goes to charities fighting alongside us to protect the planet. Join the revolution and #giveupthebottle
- MATCHA, LIME & LEMONGRASS BODYWASH: 1 Plastic Bottle Prevented - .3 Liters of water saved. Brand new with new ingredients & new scents. A better shape to fit in your hand, last longer as they are now milled for a denser, harder bar, yet still the bubbly, non-drying bars you know & love. We love fresh, citrus-y scents & this one fits the bill. Lime oil, lemongrass oil & lashings of matcha tea powder make this the perfect morning shower bar. Sweet, but citrus-y & the new favourite at Ethique HQ.
Details: We are releasing six new bodywash bars. You'll note they are smoother, harder, squarer yet weigh slightly less than our previous bars. They also last longer, lather more and smell incredible yet don't leave your skin dry. In short, they are an awesome improvement on the original bodywash bars and I am very confident you will love them. There are three new flavours; Matcha, Lime & Lemongrass, which, frankly, smells like heaven- sweet, citrusy with a hint of bite and is coloured with Matcha tea. Sweet Orange & Vanilla for those of you who want a bodywash bar with lather, yet love the smell of our crème bodywash. And for the sensitive skinned, we've swapped out Calendula & Oatmeal for Charcoal, Oatmeal and Kaolin. Unscented and gentle with some cleansing power added with the charcoal and clay. Old favourites Lavender & Peppermint, Pumice, Teatree & Spearmint and Lime & Ginger round out the range. So what is the difference? Our original bars were cold process soap; which means we mixed oils (such as rice bran and coconut) with sodium hydroxide to produce soap. Whilst this is deemed the old fashioned way, it's not scalable and we have well and truly reached the point where we needed to change our method. Now they are milled, which means the soap is made in exactly the same way (oils and sodium hydroxide), then it's cooked, chopped and ground into soap noodles. These soap noodles are then mixed with our ingredients (like matcha powder and kaolin) and shaped into bars. We also stamp with with our leaf emblem, which is my favourite part about them! They are very much still a gourmet bodywash; as they are palm free (of course), heavy on the olive oil (which means a creamy, non-drying soap) and are scented out by essential oils, never synthetic fragrance.
Package Dimensions: 3.3 x 2.4 x 1.3 inches